Welcome to the start of another Basketball season! The purpose of the email is to prepare for the start of the season.
1. State Rules Meeting- You can go online TODAY starting at 4:00 p.m. to complete your required State Meeting online. It will be linked in through your MyOHSAA login. If you would prefer to attend in person, the nearest local meeting with be held at Mason High School on October 12, 2011 at 7:15 p.m. The address is 6100 S. Mason-Montgomery Road Mason, OH 45040, to be held in the Auditorium. You may find other locations on MyOSHAA under State Meetings.
2. State Dues- If you have not renewed your State Dues, you have until October 31, 2011 to renew for Basketball with an additional $50 late fee. If you do not renew by this date,
your license will be suspended by the state.
3. GCBOA Dues- If you have not yet paid your local GCBOA Association dues of $25.00, do so today. We will accept dues up to our first meeting, October 24th , by mail, sent to our Secretary, Matt Velten. If you pay in person at a local meeting on or after the 24th, the fee will be $35.00. If you need a dues form, go to our website at www.gcboa.com and click on the link to print out the form.
4. GCBOA Local Meetings- You are required to attend 4 Local Association Rules meetings, in addition to your 1 State Meeting. Our Local Meetings will be held at Landmark Christian. The dates are:
a. October 24- 7:00 p.m.
b. October 31- 7:00 p.m.
c. November 7- 7:00 p.m.
d. November 14- 7:00 p.m.
e. November 21- 7:00 p.m.
f. January 8, 2012- 6:00 p.m. (Sunday evening Dinner Meeting at Montgomery Inn)
The address of Landmark is 500 Oak Road Cincinnati, Ohio 45246. The entrance is off of Glendale-Milford Road, near the I-75 exit to Glendale-Milford, next to St. Rita’s School. This is one exit from our previous Sharon Road exit for Princeton High School.
5. GCBOA Nominations for Advisory Board and Vice President- We are seeking nominations for 3 Advisory Board positions and for Vice President. The Advisory Board position is for a 2 year period, starting with the 2012-2013 season. The VP position will be VP for the 2012-2013 season, President for the 2013-2014 season, and Past President for the 2014-2015 season. If you are interested in running for any position, or would like additional information, you may contact any member of the Nominating Committee below:
Antonio Woods- firstname.lastname@example.org
Nick Bloomfield- email@example.com
Angelo Zolotas- firstname.lastname@example.org
6. GCBOA Bounced Check Policy-
“Any check presented to GCBOA for dues, new members class, apparel or any other goods or services that does not clear our bank shall incur a $25.00 re-deposit fee or the current bank fee plus $5.00 whichever is greater”.
If a check is bounced by our bank, we will ask you to submit a new check with the above policy. Until you meet the requirements above, you will not receive meeting credit for the required 4 meetings per OSHAA requirements in order to maintain a current officiating license in Ohio. If you do not have the 4 meetings credited, your officiating license will be suspended by OHSAA and you will have to follow the State process for reinstatement.
We look forward to seeing everyone as we begin our meetings in preparation for the upcoming season.